Join us for a Transportation Bond Referendum Town Hall on October 24, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. in the Board Chambers of the George L. Gordon, Jr., Government Center, 1300 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA 22554.
What is this about?
In the November 5, 2019, general election, Stafford County citizens will be asked to vote on a local transportation bond referendum question. The referendum question will allow the County to borrow up to $50 million to fund specified road improvements within Stafford.
If a majority of voters approve the question, the County can issue general obligation bonds to make improvements to the following existing County roads:
Stafford Board Asks for Bond Referendum on Roads Projects
2019 Transportation Bond: An Overview of the Referendum
Road Widening and Safety Improvements Projects
|Andrew Chapel Road||Garrisonville Road||Rock Hill Church Road|
|Barrett Heights Road||Hartwood Road||Spotted Tavern Road|
|Brent Point Road||Heflin Road||Stefaniga Road|
|Brooke Road||Joshua Road||Tacketts Mill Road|
|Courthouse Road||Kellogg Mill Road||Telegraph Road|
|Cropp Road||Little Whim Road||Truslow Road|
|Decatur Road||McWhirt Loop||Woodstock Lane|
|Enon Road||Poplar Road||Winding Creek Road|
|Falls Run Drive||Potomac Run Road|
|Ferry Road||Ramoth Church Road|
The following question will appear on the November 5, 2019, ballot:
QUESTION: Shall Stafford County contract a debt and issue its general obligation bonds in the maximum principal amount of Fifty Million Dollars ($50,000,000) to finance, together with other available funds, the following (1) LARGE ROAD CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS: Enon Road at its intersection with U.S. Route 1, Garrisonville Road, Layhill Road, Leeland Road, Morton Road, Mountain View Road, Onville Road, and Shelton Shop Road; and (2) ROAD WIDENING AND SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS: Andrew Chapel Road, Barrett Heights Road, Brent Point Road, Brooke Road, Courthouse Road, Cropp Road, Decatur Road, Enon Road, Fall Run Drive, Ferry Road, Garrisonville Road, Hartwood Road, Heflin Road, Joshua Road, Kellogg Mill Road, Little Whim Road, McWhirt Loop, Poplar Road, Potomac Run Road, Ramoth Church Road, Rock Hill Church Road, Spotted Tavern Road, Stefaniga Road, Tacketts Mill Road, Telegraph Road, Truslow Road, Woodstock Road, and Winding Creek Road?
( ) YES ( ) NO
To register to vote or to find out where to vote, call the Voter Registrar’s Office at (540) 658-4000 or visit the Registrar’s website at www.staffordcountyva.gov/voting.
Maps and Links
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a referendum, and why are we having one?
- What is bond financing?
- If the Bond passes, what will it cost?
- Will the approval of this bond package affect the County’s financial health?
- Once approved, can the bonds be used for other purposes?
- How were the road projects included in the 2019 transportation bond referendum selected?
- What is the difference between major projects and safety widening projects?
- What steps were taken to arrive at the need for a transportation bond referendum
- How were the road project costs determined?
- If the referendum passes, what are the next steps?
- Without the bond referendum, how is Stafford planning for future transportation improvements?
- What was accomplished with the 2008 transportation bond referendum?