Requirements & ResponsibilitiesOfficer of Election duties at the polling place include:
- Insuring a fair and impartial election is held
- Setting up the equipment
- Providing voter assistance and instructions
- Checking voters in and marking the poll book
- Issuing ballots
- Demonstrating how to mark the ballot
- Disassembling and storing the equipment
- Certifying the election results
You are required to report to your assigned polling place at 5:00 am. You are not allowed to leave until the polls close (7:00 pm) and the paper work is completed. (Yes, there are bathrooms and lunch breaks!) Please note that you may be assigned to your own polling place or to another within the county. You must also be a registered voter.
Contact the Registrar's Office at (540) 658-4000 for additional Officer of Election information.