Stafford DMV Select is located in the Treasurer’s Office
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Walk-ins are welcomed.
Vehicle Title transactions will be limited to 2 title transactions per person.
No Title transactions after 3:45PM.
- DMV Customer Service can be reached by calling (804)497-7100 or by visiting www.dmv.virginia.gov
- DMV Selects do not issue or renew driver's licenses, learner's permits or identification cards.
- DMV Select cannot process any online or franchise dealership work
- DMV Select is prohibited from processing mechanic/storage lien title
- DMV Selects do not issue Vital Records.
Transactions listed below are available at the Stafford DMV Select, with links to online services available on the DMV website.
- Vehicle Titles
- Original title (with or without liens), substitute and replacement titles and title maintenance (to change information on title records, adding/removing of names).
- Original registrations, renewals (including fleets), transfers, re-issues, and plate surrenders.
- License Plates
- Specialized and personalized plate orders, including the issuance of motorcycle, permanent trailer, and truck plates
- Permits and Placards
- Trip permits and overload permits. Original issue of handicapped parking placards.
- E-ZPass and Flex Transponders
- Electronic toll collection system
- Flex transponders can take advantage of toll-free access to 64, 66, 95, 395, and 495 Express Lanes in Virginia
- Transcript Requests
- Driver transcripts and vehicle transcripts (helpful for those who apply for job where a driver’s transcript is needed initially, submitted periodically or checked by their employer).
- Return Checks
- Full or partial payment of return check fees.
- Voter Registration Applications