- Residential Change building permit application completed and signed by the Contractor (with original signatures of the sub-contractors) or Owner (with notarized Affidavit of Owner)
- Two copies of building plans and supporting documents as listed on the Residential Additions Checklist for Structural Plan Review. Please note; plans that are on paper sized larger than 11 x 17, or are more than 7 pages, require one paper copy and one electronic copy (CD in PDF format).
- Please review the Stafford County Soils Testing Policy, a Soils Report is required with residential additions.
- Three copies of a lot layout showing existing and proposed structures with the setbacks marked; if disturbing more than 2,500 square feet of land, an engineered site grading plan is required. Please note; lot layout plans that are on paper sized larger than 11 x 17 require one paper copy and one electronic copy (CD in PDF format). The modification of an actual recorded survey or plat is prohibited without written permission from the professional who signed and sealed the work; we are unable to accept sealed plats that have been modified without permission.
- Properties that are on a septic system will require Health Department approval for the addition of one or more bedrooms.
- Administrative and review fees are due at submittal, inspection fees are due at permit issuance, please see our current Fee Schedule for more information.
Associated Forms and Resources: