J. Scott Powell, P.E.
In 2017, the Board of Supervisors passed an ordinance to establish the Lake Arrowhead Service District in the Rock Hill Election District and the Lake Carroll Service District in the George Washington District. These service districts were established to provide timely, necessary repairs to the dams located within each district.
- Ordinance to establish the Lake Arrowhead Service District
- Ordinance to establish the Lake Carroll Service District
Lake Arrowhead Dam Renovations
Design and construct dam safety improvements to the existing Lake Arrowhead Dam (Upper Dam) . Safety improvements required by the Department of Conservation and Recreation.
- Design phase complete
- Property acquisition phase underway
$796,884(Service District Tax Revenue); Appropriated through FY21- $290,620
Recent Activity and Updates
- A letter containing the most recent update about the Lake Arrowhead Dam Project was mailed to all Lake Arrowhead Property Owners on April 13, 2023.
- Supervisor Crystal Vanuch is currently accepting applications from Lake Arrowhead Property Owners to serve on the Lake Arrowhead Service District Advisory Board. The Service District Advisory Board is a recently-established body comprised of three Lake Arrowhead Property owners.
- Duties of the service district advisory board include: 1) advising the Board of Supervisors on pending dam repairs and other service district maintenance; 2) acting as a liaison between Lake Arrowhead Property Owners and the Board of Supervisors; 3) establishing a meeting schedule; 4) electing officers; and 5) creating an annual report to Lake Arrowhead property owners detailing service districts activities.
- Residents interested in serving on the Lake Arrowhead Service District Advisory Board may complete an application utilizing a Board Bank Application at this link: https://staffordcountyva.gov/form_center/stafford_county_board_bank_application.php.
- Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2023.
- Questions regarding receipt of applications can be addressed to Cheryl Giles, Deputy Clerk to the Board of Supervisors, at (540) 658-8607 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Design and Construct dam safety improvements to the existing Kennedy Dam (Lake Carroll). Safety improvements required by the Department of Conservation and Recreation.
Current Status- Design Phase complete
- Final bid package anticipated to be readvertised in August 2021
$789,417(Service District Tax Revenue); Appropriated through FY21- $89,113
TBD, anticipate mid to late 2023
Recent Activity and Updates
- Nothing to report (July 2021)
CAPITAL PROJECTS REPORT: Click here to view an interactive map with all of the current major capital construction projects. This report is updated quarterly.