The Department of Planning and Zoning is a clearinghouse for a variety of local maps. There are also county maintained maps available for viewing and printing.
Online MappingThe Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Office maintains the interactive mapping site. Different viewers are available, including the County Map and the Survey Monuments viewers.
For further information on interactive mapping or digital data, please contact the at (540) 658-4033.
State & Federal Maps
- Flood Insurance Rate Map: Paper maps are available for viewing in the Planning and Zoning Department Office or call FEMA at (800) 358-9616 to order paper copies.
- Library of Congress: Paper copies of some of the maps from the American Memory collection are available for viewing and ordering.
- U.S. Census Maps: Census data and maps are available online or paper maps from the 2000 Census are available for viewing in the Planning and Zoning Department Office.
- U.S. Geological Survey (USGS): The National Map program as well as other publications and maps are available.
- Virginia Department of Conservation and Recreation: The Natural Heritage Data Explorer as well as other data and maps for other divisions are available on the department's website.