A Special Event is any event that meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Any event that is a parade, carnival, festival, block party (not for private or residential use), running, walking or bicycling event.
- Any event to be held at a County facility with a projected attendance of 1,000 or more.
- Any event that will require the use of County resources for security, crowd control, traffic control, fire or EMS.
- Any event that requires the closure of any street or public right of way to vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- Any event requiring interagency coordination that may change or restrict the normal levels of public service provided in Stafford County
Special Events Application Process
- If you are hosting an event at a county facility, the Facility Use Application must be completed prior to completing the Special Events Application.
- Please read the Special Events Information Packet its entirety to help with completing the Special Events Application.
- Complete the Special Events Application in its entirety.