Budget and Management
The department of Budget and Management aligns the strategic plan with the budget, long range financial forecasting and capital needs. The department partners with County Administration, the county departments and community partners to recommend the best use of public resources in pursuit of Board of Supervisor’s (BOS) goals. The department facilitates and assists in business planning and policy development and aligned with the BOS’s goals.
- Develops a balanced budget that meets the needs of the community in compliance with County policies and legal requirements.
- Develops, publishes and implements the County’s budgets and Capital Improvement Plan (CIP).
- Provides financial planning and analytical services to the County Administrator and Board of Supervisors (BOS).
- Develops and publishes the five-year financial plan.
- Coordinates debt management, financial policies, and issuance of debt.
- Administers the annual Capital Improvement Process.
- Facilitates and administers the Technical Review Process.
- Provides Training to end-users.
- Tracks and reports the Strategic Plan development to the County Administrator and BOS.
- Provides Project Management Services to Board initiatives.
- Assist departments with the development of a departmental business plan that is aligned with the Board's Strategic Plan.
- Manages the County's strategic planning software.
- Assists with the management of complex and significant strategic planning projects, including the County's Strategic Plan and departmental business plans.
- Assists with the development and delivery of classroom training and small team coaching related to performance measures, strategic planning, strategic planning software and related management techniques.
- Establishes, creates, and updates the Policy Development Process.
- Ensures the alignment of policies to adopted plans, strategic plans and organizational values.
- Administers the Policy Team.
- Maintains the centralized repository for policies.
Andrea Light, CPA - Chief Director
1300 Courthouse Road
Stafford, VA 22554
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:30pm