RJC’s Post-D Programs’ mission is to provide rehabilitative services to juvenile offenders sentenced, pursuant to VA Code 16.1-284.1(b), to serve 90-180 days at the Juvenile Center.
- Educational and cognitive behavioral rehabilitative programming
- Individual, family and group therapy
- A safe environment to encourage personal responsibility and positive relationships
- Psycho-educational and substance abuse treatment groups for the purpose of developing pro-social skills
- Rehabilitative services to non-violent, chronic offenders who have had treatment or were detained in other Residential programs
Post-D was established by Virginia’s Department of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) to provide judges and CSU personnel an alternative to DJJ commitment. Post-D’s major goal is teaching juveniles the skills required to successfully reintegrate into their respective communities, which dramatically reduces recidivism rates. Upon discharge, residents may continue to participate in community volunteer and educational outings.