Zoning Ordinance Section 28-25 Definitions, Dwelling, accessory; An ancillary dwelling unit limited to such uses as a family member apartment, guest house (for occasional visits by family or friends), or maids quarters and shall conform to the following:
- An accessory dwelling shall not exceed twenty-five (25) percent of the total gross floor area of the principle dwelling unit.
- There shall be no more than one accessory dwelling per lot.
- When an accessory building is located in the principal dwelling, the entry to the unit and its design shall be such that the appearance of the building shall remain as a single family residence.
- An accessory dwelling shall have the same address as the principal dwelling.
- This term shall not include carriage house.
- An approved Accessory Dwelling affidavit and Residential Change Permit are required prior to work being done. After approval and all inspections a certificate of occupancy permit is needed for legal use.