How do Children and Families access the Teams?
Each locality develops its own policies and procedures governing how families access the teams. Some localities allow parents to self-refer, some allow any local agency to bring a case and many require that one of the agencies who serve on the team be the point of contact for the family.

Stafford County allows the Department of Social Services, Stafford County Public Schools, the Rappahannock Area Community Services Board, the Court Services Unit to make referrals for potential funding. Stafford County will accept a parental referral but requires one of the mandated agencies to case manage and be the point of contact between the FAPT and the family. For more information, please contact the CSA office staff at (540) 658-4622 or (540) 658-4619.

Show All Answers

1. What is the Children's Services Act for At Risk Youth and Families (CSA)?
2. How did it get started?
3. Which Funding Streams were placed in the Funds Pool?
4. Who Manages the Money at the Local Level?
5. Who Participates on the Local Teams?
6. Which Children may be Served by the Teams?
7. Are these the only Children who may be Served?
8. How do Children and Families access the Teams?