At its March 16 meeting, the Board of Supervisors voted to advertise the Calendar Year 2021 real estate tax rate at $1.01 and the personal property tax rate at $6.10. The Board will continue to hold additional work sessions leading up to April 20, 2021, when the Board is scheduled to consider the adoption of the Fiscal Year 2022 Proposed Budget. These sessions are all open to the public. The Board will hold a public hearing on the adoption of the CY21 final tax rate, budget, Virginia Public School Authority Debt Issuance, Cigarette Tax, Utilities Water and Sewer Rate Increase and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) at the public hearing on April 6, 2021. The public will have the opportunity to make comments at the hearing.
The County Administrator presented the Fiscal Year 2022 Proposed Budget to the Board of Supervisors on March 2, 2021. The proposed budget focuses on recovering from the impacts of COVID-19, restoring efforts to meet community expectations, mitigating risk as to the population increases, and realigning strategies to advance the Board's priorities for the community. More information on the proposed budget may be found at www.staffordcountyva.gov/budget, along with the complete proposed budget document, the County Administrator's presentation and a proposed budget highlight sheet.
The Board still has a series of steps to complete before the Board adopts the budget. The upcoming budget schedule includes work sessions, board meetings and public hearings, all of which are open to the public with COVID-19 protocols and capacity limits still in place.
- March 18, 2021 – Budget Work Session: General Fund
- March 23, 2021 - Budget Work Session: Debt, Financial Policy on Limitations and CIP
- March 25, 2021 - Budget Work Session: Follow-up/Continuation of March 23, 2021, if needed
- March 30, 2021 - Budget Work Session: if needed
- April 6, 2021 – Public hearings for FY22 Budget, CY21 tax rates, CIP, Virginia Public School Authority Debt Issuance, Cigarette Tax, Utilities Water & Sewer Rate Increase
- April 13, 2021 - Budget Work Session: if needed
- April 20, 2021 – Budget Work Session: if needed
- April 20, 2021 – Adoption of FY22 Budget, CY21 tax rates, CIP, Virginia Public School Authority Debt Issuance, Cigarette Tax, Utilities Water & Sewer Rate Increase
All meetings are currently scheduled to be held at the George L. Gordon, Jr., Government Center, 1300 Courthouse Road, Stafford, VA 22554. More information may be found at www.staffordcountyva.gov/budget. If attending, please wear a face covering and adhere to social distancing protocols.