Stafford County officials have decided to extend all county buildings' closure to public access through February 26, 2021. The move comes with the increasing number of COVID-19 positive cases across Stafford and the region and following Governor Ralph Northam's action in extending stay-at-home measures through the end of February.
The safety of the public and county employees is of paramount importance. Stafford's non-public safety employees have not yet received vaccines. Stafford County will continue operating and provide services to residents online, by phone and for some, by appointment.
"Our responsibility is to protect the public and our staff, and at this time we feel it is prudent to follow the actions of the state," said County Administrator Fred Presley. "Again, our services are accessible online, staff available by phone, and for those truly in need by appointment."
Stafford County outdoor parks are open with regular operating hours. Indoor recreation facilities are open in accordance with capacity restrictions identified in Governor of Virginia Executive Order #72, which was extended through the end of February. However, all participants must pre-register for programs as required by Stafford County's appointment protocol. More information may be found at www.staffordparks.com.
Residents may access services online in several ways on Stafford's website (www.staffordcountyva.gov):
Stafford County is always standing by, ready to answer phone calls at (540) 658-8600. If you need specific support or need to request an appointment, please contact the department directly.
- Commissioner of the Revenue: 540-658-4132
- Courts -
- Circuit Court: 540-658-8750
- General District Court: 540-658-8935
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court: 540-658-8778
- Economic Development: 540-658-8681
- Fire and Rescue: 540-658-7200
- Human Resources: 540-658-8628
- Human Services: 540-658-4622
- Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities: 540-658-4814
- Planning and Zoning: 540-658-8668
- Public Works:
- Water/Sewer Customer Service: 540-658-8616
- Permits and Inspections: 540-658-8650
- Rappahannock Regional Landfill (R-Board): 540-658-5279
- Sheriff's Office: 540-658-4400
- Social Services: 540-658-8720
- Treasurer: 540-658-8700
- Voter Registrar 540-658-4000
Please make sure to adhere to the following conditions before coming into a County facility for a scheduled appointment:
- Masks are required within all County Facilities
- Call the department directly to make an appointment to conduct business.
- Please review the list of questions before arriving for your appointment.
- Have you experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 48 hours?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes) with anyone known to have COVID-19 or anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
- If you answer yes to any of the questions listed, you should reschedule your appointment.
- Upon arrival at the facility, contact the department to enter for your appointment.
Currently, there are no changes to the Landfill's operating schedule, but please make sure to check www.r-board.org.
Stafford County continues to reassess the evolving situation daily and will provide updates to the community to include notifying the public if there are any changes. For more information on COVID-19, please visit Stafford's Coronavirus Central Information page (www.staffordcountyva.gov/coronavirus) with links to local, state and federal authorities.