Stafford County officials have decided to extend the existing closure of County buildings to the public, effective through February 5, 2021, due to the continuing rise in COVID-19 positive cases across Stafford and the region. Residents may conduct business online or by appointment. Accordingly, the Board of Supervisors meetings on January 19, 2021, and February 2, 2021, will be held virtually with no public in attendance. Information may be found below on public participation. Due to COVID-19, the Healthy Growth issue is on the agenda for potential deferment to a later date when levels will allow for full public participation.
Board of Supervisors January 19 and February 2, 2021, Meetings
The following meetings will be held virtually:
- January 19, 2021, Board of Supervisors 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. meetings
- January 19, 2021, Finance, Audit and Budget Committee meeting at 1:30 p.m.
- January 19, 2021, Budget Work Session meeting at 5:30 p.m.
- February 2, 2021, Board of Supervisors 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. meetings
- February 2, 2021, Board of Supervisors Infrastructure Committee meeting at 1:30 p.m.
All meetings will be streamed on Stafford’s website at www.staffordcountyva.gov, the Stafford government cable channel, and Facebook Live.
Public comments for January 19, 2021, Board of Supervisors meeting may be submitted online between January 15 and January 18, 2021, via https://staffordcountyva.gov/924/Public-Hearings.
Public comments for the February 2, 2021, Board of Supervisors meeting may be submitted online between January 29 and February 1, via https://staffordcountyva.gov/924/Public-Hearings. If you have questions on public comments, please call (540) 658-8607.
Residents may access services online in several ways on Stafford’s website (www.staffordcountyva.gov):
Stafford County is always standing by, ready to answer phone calls at (540) 658-8600. If you need specific support or need to request an appointment, please contact the department directly.
- Commissioner of the Revenue: 540-658-4132
- Courts -
- Circuit Court: 540-658-8750
- General District Court: 540-658-8935
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court: 540-658-8778
- Economic Development: 540-658-8681
- Fire and Rescue: 540-658-7200
- Human Resources: 540-658-8628
- Human Services: 540-658-4622
- Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities: 540-658-4814
- Planning and Zoning: 540-658-8668
- Public Works:
- Water/Sewer Customer Service: 540-658-8616
- Permits and Inspections: 540-658-8650
- Rappahannock Regional Landfill (R-Board): 540-658-5279
- Sheriff’s Office: 540-658-4400
- Social Services: 540-658-8720
- Treasurer: 540-658-8700
- Voter Registrar 540-658-4000
Please make sure to adhere to the following conditions before coming into a County facility for a scheduled appointment:
- Masks are required within all County Facilities
- Call the department directly to make an appointment to conduct business.
- Please review the list of questions before arriving for your appointment.
- Have you experienced any COVID-19 symptoms in the past 48 hours?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for a cumulative total of 15 minutes) with anyone known to have COVID-19 or anyone who has any symptoms consistent with COVID-19?
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test?
- If you answer yes to any of the questions listed, you should reschedule your appointment.
- Upon arrival at the facility, contact the department to enter for your appointment.
Currently, there are no changes to the Landfill’s operating schedule, but please make sure to check www.r-board.org.
Stafford County outdoor parks are open with regular operating hours. Indoor recreation facilities are open in accordance with capacity restrictions identified in Governor of Virginia Executive Order #72. However, all participants must pre-register for programs as required by Stafford County’s appointment protocol. More information may be found at www.staffordparks.com.
Stafford County's previous announcement can be found here.
Stafford County continues to reassess the evolving situation daily and will provide updates to the community to include notifying the public if there are any changes to these procedures before February 5. For more information on COVID-19, please visit Stafford’s Coronavirus Central Information page (www.staffordcountyva.gov/coronavirus) with links to local, state and federal authorities.