- New County Animal Shelter
- Embrey Mill Park - Phase 3
- Belmont-Ferry Farm Trail - Phases 4 & 6
- Onville Road Sidewalk
- Fire & Rescue Station 14
- Courthouse - Space Study
Capital Improvements Program (CIP)
The CIP (Capital Improvements Program) consists of project descriptions and expenditures. The CIP is a long-term plan for developing or improving public facilities. The typical CIP includes a multi-year schedule of proposed public facility expansions. It lists major non-recurring expenditures for libraries, museums, fire and rescue stations, parks, large building renovations, and street construction or reconstruction. Costs associated with capital projects include feasibility studies, architectural and engineering design, land appraisal and acquisition, construction, and installation of related furnishings and equipment for new facilities.
Since many public facility improvements are large and expensive projects, utilizing a CIP enables local government to anticipate and budget for capital items years in advance. Stafford County's CIP includes all projects with a construction estimate or purchase value of $500,000 or more.
- Jeff Rouse Swim & Sports Center
- Mine Road Sidewalk
- Wayfinding Signs System - Signs at the entrances to the County
- Gateway Signs & Trailblazer Signs
- Historic assets near the trail include the Cotton Warehouse; Duff Green Warehouse; Cambridge Inn (now Amy’s Café), Temperance Tavern; Barnes House; Magistrate's Office; Counting House; Basil Gordon House; Moncure Conway House (boyhood home of the South's most prominent abolitionist); Shelton Cottage; and the remnants of Union Church.
- Courthouse Streetscape
- 350th Celebration Amphitheater Stage at Pratt Park
- Chichester Building - A 13,800 square foot office building located on the Government Center Campus, 1300 Courthouse Road. The former Rescue 1 building was completely demolished. The building serves the Commonwealth's Attorney, the Court Services Unit and the Victim Witness staff.
- Community Development Services Center (CDSC) - A combined service center to handle building, planning and associated development functions located on the 2nd Floor of the George L Gordon Jr Government Center.