Juvenile & Domestic Relations Court
Responsibilities & Services
The Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court:
- Hears cases concerning marital relations where laws have been violated
- Hears cases involving custody, support, control, or placement of neglected, abandoned, or delinquent children
- Hears criminal cases involving juveniles
About the Clerk
The clerk of the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court is appointed by the judges of the Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court for an indefinite term. The clerk is responsible for the administration of the court and the clerk's office.
- Issues show cause orders for those not making support payments
- Issues summonses
- Prepares and dockets all cases for the Court
The 15th District Court Service Unit
The 15th District Court Service Unit provides intake, probation, after care, counseling, and mediation services to juveniles.
- Hon. John E. Franklin, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Julian W. Johnson, Presiding Judge
- Hon. Andrea M. Stewart, Presiding Judge
2nd & 3rd Mon., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
Every Wed., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
Every Thurs., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Fri., 11:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Fri., 9:00 a.m.
1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Fri., 10:00 a.m.
2nd & 3rd Mon., every Wed., every Thurs., 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Fri.
1st, 2nd & 3rd Tues., 8:30 a.m., 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
1st, 4th & 5th Mon.
4th & 5th Tues.
Every 3rd & 4th Tuesday
1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Mon & Fri.
1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th & 5th, Wed. & Thurs.
Continuance granted pursuant to Rules of Court. Written motion to be filed with the court.