To help fulfill the Board of Supervisors priorities for the community, which include Public
Safety, Education, Economic Development, Infrastructure, Service Excellence, all encompassed by Fiscal Responsibility and Reducing the Tax Burden by ensuring that
elected officials, staff, the business community and citizens work together and have the
information they need to make Stafford County a progressive and sustainable place to live,
work and raise a family.
Who Are We?
County Administration oversees the day to day operations of the Stafford County
Government to ensure that employees provide high quality services that help
build a great community. To achieve this goal, County Administration staff engage
in five primary areas:
Executive Management and Leadership
- Oversees services, programs and activities over which the Board of Supervisors and County Administrator have authority.
- Leads and encourages professional development among staff
- Facilitates the development and implementation of the County budget, the levying of County taxes; assists in appointment of members of authorities, commissions and committees; adopts the County’s Comprehensive Plan; approves and enforces related ordinances.
- Coordinates annual legislative initiatives for the Board.
Staff Support to the Board of Supervisors
- Coordinates preparation of agenda materials for the Board of Supervisors and Board committee meeting. Processes resolutions, ordinances, and proclamations as approved by the Board,
- Assists in office management, preparation of statistical and financial reports including budget preparation, and coordinate special events.
- Serves as the main information connection to elected officials, staff, citizens and the general public by providing open, timely and accurate information about County services through all available outlets including the media, website and social media.
- Staff is guided by a Board-approved strategic communications plan that supports the Board of Supervisors goals and priorities.
- Support and plan special events and initiatives of the Board of Supervisors, such as the Armed Services Memorial fundraising kickoff, the Rouse Center Olympian Wall Unveiling and the WWII Veteran Recognition Luncheon.
- Facilitates community building initiatives by bringing together different aspects of a community including businesses, health care, education, recreation, and public infrastructure to help build a place where residents can work toward a common future.