DMV Select Services
SCHEDULED APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED
For all DMV transactions
Stafford DMV Select is located in the Treasurer Office
Monday - Friday
8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Important Message from the Treasurer:
I know that these are trying times as COVID-19 continues to be a concern across our community. With health and safety in mind we have implemented safety protocols and are offering modified services. While serving our citizens is important to us, there are limited DMV Select transactions that we can assist with in the Treasurer’s Office.
A scheduled appointment does not guarantee your transaction can be completed.
Because of the high demand of DMV services we require scheduled appointments and ask that all inquiries are directed to
DMV Customer Service by calling (804)497-7100 or by visiting www.dmv.virginia.gov
• DMV Selects do not issue or renew driver's licenses, learner's permits or identification cards.
• DMV Select cannot process any online or franchise dealership work
• DMV Select is prohibited from processing mechanic/storage lien title
• DMV Selects do not issue Vital Records.
Transactions listed below are available at the Stafford DMV Select, with links to online services available on the DMV website.
- Vehicle Titles
- Original title (with or without liens), substitute and replacement titles and title maintenance (to change information on title records, adding/removing of names).
- Original registrations, renewals (including fleets), transfers, re-issues, and plate surrenders.
- License Plates
- Specialized and personalized plate orders, including the issuance of motorcycle, permanent trailer, and truck plates
- Permits and Placards
- EzPass and Flex Transponders
- Transcript Requests
- Driver transcripts and vehicle transcripts (helpful for those who apply for job where a driver’s transcript is needed initially, submitted periodically or checked by their employer).
- Return Checks
- Full or partial payment of return check fees.
- Voter Registration Applications