Brooke Road (Route 608)
Emergency Access Drive and Windermere Drive
Stafford County and the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) have partnered to find solutions to provide an Emergency Access Drive for residents along Brooke Road. This Emergency Access Drive will provide a new, safe way home for the families along Brooke Road during a major weather-related event. The County and VDOT will work together on funding the project and are pleased to deliver on the commitment to improve safety along Brooke Road. This partnership will continue efforts to find a long-term solution for the recurring flooding issues, including the future development of a permanent solution for Brooke Road. Stafford County appreciates the commitment of VDOT, especially for the residents of Brooke Road.
Stafford County is exploring the development of a potential 2-lane roadway, approximately 800 feet in length, between Windermere Drive and Crestwood Lane to provide through-travel access for Brooke Road area residents when the road is closed to traffic during emergencies.
Cost and Schedule
- Total estimated cost: up to $1.5 million (some of which VDOT will reimburse)
- Estimated construction start date: Summer/Fall 2022
- Estimated completion date: Winter 2022/2023
Brooke Road Reconstruction
Stafford County is working towards the realignment and elevation of Route 608 (Brooke Road) between the intersections of Route 609 (Raven Road) and Route 2107 (Maplewood Drive) for a length of approximately 0.45 miles. As a major road project, several mechanisms have to be established to include feasibility, planning, funding, design, bidding, construction and final operation.
Cost and Schedule
- Total estimated cost: $7.5 million
- Estimated design start date: Fall/Winter 2021
- Estimated completion date: 5-7 years for design and completion of construction
Stafford County's Transportation Program Manager -
- Alex Owsiak, PE E-mail
VDOT Fredericksburg Residency, Resident Engineer -
- Kyle Bates E-mail
- Click here for more information on VDOT's Route 608 Road Maintenance and Operations