Garrisonville Road Widening
GARRISONVILLE ROAD - STATE ROUTE 610- is a Public-Private Transportation Act (PPTA) and a 2008 Transportation Bond Referendum project. This project will widen approximately one mile of Garrisonville Road between Onville Road (SR-641) and Eustace Road (SR-751) from a four-lane, undivided roadway, to a six-lane divided roadway.
April 2017 - VDOT approved final construction plans. Dominion Virginia Power & Columbia Gas completed relocating utilities. Verizon relocations ongoing. Comcast relocations moved to this month. Stormwater basin at Eustace Road is complete. Storm pipe installation under road is underway. Most structures have been demolished.
Garrisonville Road Widening.
Graphics: Graphic 1 Graphic 2 Graphic 3 Graphic 4
- This section of Garrisonville Road has experienced a 63% increase in traffic between 2009 and 2014
- Traffic on Garrisonville Road is projected to increase an additional 45% in the next 20 years
- PROJECT FACTS
- Widen and improve 0.658 miles of Garrisonville Road (SR-610) to a six-lane divided roadway
- Extends from the intersection with Shenandoah Lane (SR-1236) to just west of the intersection with Onville Road (SR-641)
- Total Project Cost: $13 million
- Provide 11’ travel lanes with curb & gutter to reduce drainage runoff
- Build a 5-foot concrete sidewalk along both sides of the roadway for pedestrians
- Improve Eustace Road and Center Street intersections with dedicated turn lanes
- Construction Start: August 2016 End: October 2018
- Contractor: Branch Civil, Inc.
- 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM 7 Days/Week
- Contractor will maintain at least one travel lane in each direction during construction
- Contractor will maintain access to all businesses and residences during construction businesses may be restricted to a single entrance at times
Stafford County: Alex Owsiak, P.E. - Project Manager - 540-658-4593
- Branch Civil, Inc.: Rick Haines - Superintendent - 540-537-1473