Architectural Review Board
First Monday of each Month - 6:00 PM
Conference Room ABC - 2nd Floor
George L. Gordon, Jr., Government Center
1300 Courthouse Road
Stafford, VA 22554
Agendas & Minutes
NOTE: Archive Center
|Tanya Gossett||Vice-Chairman||Architectural Historian|
|Sherry Bailey||Planning Commission Representative
||Historic Resource District Resident|
The Stafford County Architectural Review Board (ARB) was established by the Board of Supervisors. Out of the seven members at least one member shall be a registered architect or architectural historian. One member shall be a Planning Commissioner. One member shall reside in a designated Historic District. The remaining members shall be members-at-large. All members appointed shall have a demonstrated knowledge, interest, or competence in historic preservation. The ARB's chief duty is to oversee the preservation and management of the County's designated Historic Resource (HR) Overlay Districts.
- Encourage owners of all historic properties to preserve through tax incentives and/or easements.
- Identify additional historic areas, sites, and buildings in Stafford County.
- Provide standards and guidelines for the preservation of sites and buildings designated as historic.
- Recommend specific sites to be designated as historic districts to the Board of Supervisors.
- Review all applications for new construction, renovation, or alteration of buildings located within HR Overlay Districts.